• 1 Post By Car67

post #1 of 7 Old 01-14-2019, 06:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Epson 2045 Firmware

Greetings,

Does anyone know if a 2045 has firmware updates? I cant seem to find anything. I just purchased a refurb- and worked perfectly for the first few days. No with less than 30 hours on it, after turning it on it will flicker once after like 5-10min and seem dull. Last night it did this during a movie and went to dynamic...I have to power cycle it to get it back and remain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Greetings

Conventional lamps start flickering after long time in eco mode, they need a few hours or days in normal mode to recover, if this is what you are experiencing now. Also reset your unit, Reset tab in the main menu, just in case the previous user settings were wrong for video, hdmi range, epson super white etc. Firmware updates can't fix the above issues beyond running normal mode and reset. Anywat I don't see a update on the Epson US product page.

Epson TW5350(HC 2045), Darbee DVP-5000S, Himedia Q5 Pro, FinePix REAL 3D W3, LG Otimus 3D Max

Last edited by Car67; 01-14-2019 at 07:33 AM.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-14-2019, 10:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 3373 Post(s)
Liked: 2489
It doesn't sound like the classic lamp flicker issue that typically doesn't show up until a lamp has been run for many hundreds of hours. Depending on exactly what's happening, one possibility is that the refurb was returned for a warranty issue and it wasn't properly repaired before shipping to you. This can happen with an intermittent issue that wouldn't show up at the repair facility so they could have just repackaged it without actually fixing the original problem. With Epson if you have an issue with one of their refurbs they will exchange it for another refurb of the same model. First make sure that all your cables are properly seated and all the settings are correct.
Car67 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 01-14-2019, 11:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Yeah - Projector and lamp has less than 30hours on it. Worked perfectly fine for 3 days and then started doing that. I run UN-Calibrated as image is stunning as is- NO extra features on not even network lol- Eco and Cinematic mode- Ill try some more trouble shooting tonight then call them if they will replace it- Love the thing, Dont even want to use our 55" 4K HDR tv now that we have this lol
post #5 of 7 Old 01-15-2019, 07:40 AM

I believe this is lamp flickering because the pj is refurbished, perhaps when an used lamp is only a few hundred hours old they just reset the counter, and the warranty, still 3000hrs/3years on the lamp for the customer. I don't know for sure, anyway if the flickering stops after hours/a few days in normal mode...

Epson TW5350(HC 2045), Darbee DVP-5000S, Himedia Q5 Pro, FinePix REAL 3D W3, LG Otimus 3D Max
post #6 of 7 Old 01-15-2019, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 3373 Post(s)
Liked: 2489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car67 View Post
I believe this is lamp flickering because the pj is refurbished, perhaps when an used lamp is only a few hundred hours old they just reset the counter, and the warranty, still 3000hrs/3years on the lamp for the customer. I don't know for sure, anyway if the flickering stops after hours/a few days in normal mode...
But the OP said the lamp only infrequently flickers once and mentioned that the projector spontaneously changed modes. With the classic lamp flicker issue it would flicker continuously and the projector wouldn't change modes. This is more likely due to something unrelated to the lamp itself.
Car67 likes this.
post #7 of 7 Old 01-15-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
But the OP said the lamp only infrequently flickers once and mentioned that the projector spontaneously changed modes. With the classic lamp flicker issue it would flicker continuously and the projector wouldn't change modes. This is more likely due to something unrelated to the lamp itself.
That is why I said I don't know, but I admit I underestimated some symptoms, it seems more and worse than the usual flickering.

Trying to run normal mode for a while shouldn't harm or void the warranty, but I would call Epson now to report the issue and get ready for a replacement.
Dave in Green likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP